[rt-users] UGLY EMERGENCY

Kelly F. Hickel kfh at mqsoftware.com
Mon Aug 9 21:40:16 EDT 2004

OK, well, there should be many files in the directory that has the same
name as the database.  You're going to have to start by copying those
onto a shutdown, but working mysql machine (obviously make sure you have
a copy of the copy!).  I'd probably just try bringing it up first to see
if it automatically replays whatever transaction logs exist, but you can
also check the mysql manual, I think there's probably a way to tell it
to do that explicitly.

What state do you think the database was in at the time of this copy?
Was mysql running?  Were transactions (especially write) likely to be
running on the database?  If you were in the middle of your upgrade from
RT2 to RT3, had you done the database step yet?

Also, for the future, you'll REALLY want to check out the hotcopy
script.  It's nice, easy, and fast....

-Kelly