[rt-users] UGLY EMERGENCY

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Aug 10 08:07:06 EDT 2004

Am Di, 2004-08-10 um 04.20 schrieb Aubrey King:
> OK.. well.. my backup had the MYD, MYI and frm files from the old rt2
> database and I can read them just fine, which is good.  NOW.. I know I
> could surf around and find rt2 to rt3 database conversion scripts, but I'm
> really hoping someone here can help me with a shortcut on that.  Anyone?
> Bueller?

That doesn't work, because the application would probably need a lot of
"intelligence". "Intelligence" that is normally sitting in RT itself.
So I doubt someone has made the effort and dublicated the functionality
of RT in a script.

RT is complex enough that you can't simply modify the database directly
anymore (if you don't know what you're doing - and if you have to ask,
you probably really don't...), you have to go through the API.

Good Luck.

Rainer