[rt-users] RT3 Performance Issues Update

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 11 10:04:28 EDT 2004

On Aug 11, 2004, at 7:12 AM, Jon Masters wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> However I have forced myself to play around more with perl and have
> been using an interactive mod_perl debugging session to determine that
> there is potentially a problem in the
> DBIx::SearchBuilder::Record::Cacheable code as it likes to go and sit
> in big long loops looking for stuff that has expired from its object
> cache. Can I turn off the cacheing and just use the database directly?

Sure, but that will hurt in other ways.

> It likes running the expire code path hundreds of times, e.g.:

How long does the cache expirey take when run outside the debugger?
Small tight loops have this habit of becoming big, heavy loops when a
debugger touches them.
But you have hit on one of the places I've had flagged in the back of
my head as a possible point of pain for a while. I'd be quite happy to
see a patch for a more efficient cache expiry mechanism.

Jesse