[rt-users] Approach for RT spam handling?

Tony Bowden rt at tmtm.com
Sun Aug 15 03:17:32 EDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 03:00:20AM +0000, Dan Foster wrote:
> So we need to be able to select multiple tickets at once (the spam
> stuff) and then mark them as being resolved (and preferrably,
> auto-adding a generic explanation, like 'spam; closing as resolved.')
> WITHOUT sending the usual resolved ticket reply to the spammer.
> Any ideas or thoughts on how this might be best implemented?

I spent some time lookjing for a way to do this, and decided to do it
via a bookmarklet instead.

>From the 'new tickets' page I just middle-click (to open in a new tab)
each obvous spam message, and then cycle through all those tabs just
clicking on my bookmarklet.

In our case we mark as 'rejected' rather than 'resolved' so that we get
distinct reporting, but you can always tweak it to your own needs:

  javascript:void(document.location=document.location.href.replace(/Ticket\/\w+.html\?id=/,'Ticket/Modify.html?Status=rejected;id='))

I'm still open to better suggestions :)

Tony