[rt-users] rt_user at localhost denied rt-2.3.1

Richard Jacobsen ramassa at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 31 18:07:32 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

After searching the archives, it seems like people have been having this problem before...

System:
Slackware-10.0
mysql 4.0.20
apache 1.3.31
mod_perl 1.29
mod_ssl 2.8.19-1.3.31
perl 5.8.4
rt-3.2.1

after making rt and editing /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm and changing the rt_user password, then
making initialize-database, I get this message in the error_log when going to the webui...

DBI connect('dbname=rt3','rt_user',...) failed: Access denied for user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using
password: YES) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 131
[Tue Aug 31 14:37:36 2004] [error] Connect Failed Access denied for user: 'rt_user at localhost' (Using
password: YES)\n at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 149\n

I can do:
mysql -u rt_user -h localhost -p
to gain access to the database and select stuff from tables, so I don't think it is on mysql's end...

What further troubleshooting do you guys suggest I do?

Thanks,
Richard

--
"a professional is simply one who gets paid for doing what an amateur does for
love."