[rt-users] Logins and Email addresses

Dave Harrison David.Harrison at sensorynetworks.com
Wed Dec 1 17:28:38 EST 2004

Hi all,

I now have RT and LDAP working (my previous post about LDAP auth I
resolved by wading through the code and finding that an account has to
already exist before LDAP auth will work).

However what I am finding is that people use their LDAP logins to use
the web page, but when they reply to a request via email RT adds them
another account under the name of their email address.  So people are
ending up with two User records in the database.

Is this a problem ?  Should I resolve it, or leave it ?

cheers
Dave