[rt-users] MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint woes

Jamie Lawrence rtusers-lists-fsck-com at jal.org
Wed Dec 1 17:20:33 EST 2004

I know I saw posts about this go by recently, but I didn't save them,
and I can't find anything about it in the archives via the search
mechanism.

An RT 3.2.1 instance I manage recently started choking on messages sent
from Outlook. I am can't tell one way or another, but it is possible that
MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint was recently upgraded (since the last restart
of the Apache instance running RT). The version being used is
$VERSION = "5.415";

A rejected message log entry contains this (HTML stripped for sanity):

----cut here----
temporary failure. Command output: RT server error.
The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It said:
System error
error:Can't locate object method init via package MIME::Decoder::QuotedPrint
at /usr/share/perl5/MIME/Decoder.pm line 173.

context:
169: ### Get the class:
170: ($concrete_name = $DecoderFor{$encoding}) or
----cut here----

And then is truncated.

I should have followed the discussion more closely before. Does anyone
know what this is? Should I downgrade that module? To what version?

Thanks.

-j

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal at jal.org