[rt-users] Logins and Email addresses

Dave Harrison David.Harrison at sensorynetworks.com
Wed Dec 1 19:12:53 EST 2004

> >That is the code that I'm using, however because I want RT to be
> >pre-primed for the users I'm knocking together a seeder script to pull
> >the info I need from the LDAP dir and using it to create User table
> >records for each person.
> >

> Why are you doing that?  Are you using the $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs
> feature?

Because the alternative is to ask people to send an email to RT to
activate their accounts, and I can see that getting painful when it
doesn't work (or they mess it up).  The other thing is that we want to
be able to enable specific default priviliges for users without having
to add them into groups or give them ACLs by hand.

> >I guess what I needed clarified was that if a user has a given email
> >address defined for their account, if RT receives an email from that
> >address it recognises that it is from that user.
> >

> Yes.  That is exactly what happens here.  The only problem I have is
> that I'm using the "$ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs" feature which doesn't
> query the LDAP server to map the email address to a userid for email Ccs
> when a new email address appears.  I haven't had time to resolve that
> one yet.

I don't think that's so much of a problem for the moment for us.
Probably useful in the long run though.