[rt-users] Logins and Email addresses

Anton Ivanov ai1 at ipaccess.com
Fri Dec 3 01:55:49 EST 2004

We use LDAP logins and we ran into the problem day one.

The workaround is to use a hacked version of the normal Mail
authentication module.

Ours takes the mail address and resolves it via repeated matching in NIS
mail.aliases. At the end you end up with a correct username. It should
be possible to do the same using aliases stored in a LDAP directory.  It
also works for users who use multiple email addresses. For example:
User.Name at domain.com from his laptop and user at domain.com on his PDA.

Sorry for not posting the actual code, but it is rather ugly in its
current form (it runs ypmatch externally).

A.