[rt-users] Open Overdue Tickets

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 18:01:35 EST 2004

> > RT::Action::AutoOpen should do what you want.
>
> Well, I'm not sure I want a comment saying "auto-opened on incoming
> correspondence". And what about the times when I want to set to New or
> Stalled from cron?

Copy <RT_DIR>/lib/RT/Action/AutoOpen.pm to
<RT_DIR>/local/lib/RT/Action/ and change it to suit your needs.  You
could also use that as an example and make new actions for
AutoSetStall or AutoSetNew or something.

> > But if the ticket is stalled for a reason, simply changing it to Open
> > isn't going to change the reason it was stalled.  Increase the
> > priority so that important tickets that are stalled get the attention
> > they need.
>
> That's not the way our workflow deals with this. Every ticket that is
> stalled has a date to 're-visit' the ticket. It's generally used when we
> respond to a customer and want to set a follow-up date in case the
> customer doesn't respond. The ticket will get attention again if (a) the
> customer responds (which will open the ticket), or (b) the Due Date
> arrives, in which case this cron job will re-open it.

You could just have it notify appropriately when the due date arrives.

Example:

   ./rt-crontool --verbose --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg
"Queue = 38 AND Status != 'resolved' AND Status != 'rejected' and due
< 1000 " --action
   RT::Action::SetPriority --action-arg 60

Just change the action to use RT::Action::Notify.

--
Andy Harrison