[rt-users] Text-based priority?

Goltz, Jim (NIH/NLM/LHC) jgoltz at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 7 10:39:59 EST 2004

Has anyone implemented using text tags (Normal, High, Emergency) in place of
numeric priority in RT?

I'm not crazy about it, but the higher-ups have decided that have 100
different priorities is too confusing for users.  They would like there to
be a simple pull-down list of the three aforementioned priorities, and for
ticket lists to be displayed color-coded by priority.  (The latter is
trivial to do by comparison.)

Trying to change the actual priority field *everywhere* seems like a foolish
thing to do.  It seems to me there might be a way to do this with a custom
field and a few scrips that set priority based on the value of that field.

What I'm hoping is that someone has done the hard work for me already.  :-)

-----
James P. Goltz (LHC/NLM/NIH)
Email: jgoltz at mail.nih.gov