[rt-users] Using CLI to Report Tickets Matching a Date Criteria

geno at onshore.net geno at onshore.net
Tue Dec 7 11:25:06 EST 2004

We have been using RT for a while now but have been worried about upgrading to
version 3.  I work for an ISP and we use RT for our ticketing system and also
have a monthly bonus that is based on the percentage of tickets closed each
month.  For our current version we have a shell script that has the RT2 CLI
reporting which tickets were created after the 1st of the month and prior to
the first of the next month in certin queues and then report how many tickets
were
closed within that time period.  It takes both values and divides them to come
up with the percentage resolved.  I'm having probelms figuring out the syntax
in RT3's CLI.  I understand how it works but I can't figure out the proper
expression.  How would I declare creation dates and give it greater and lesser
than values?  Is this possible?  From reading some of the posts it seems like
this is not possible?  Any kind of help would be much appriciated.  We are
holding off on our version 3 upgrade until we can get some sort of solution in
place.  It's a bit ridiculous that we havn't upgraded yet but I can only do it
when I'm told the time is right.  Thanks for any information you guys can
provide.  Take care.