[rt-users] Rights issue - seeing queues

Chris Mason lists at masonc.com
Thu Dec 9 11:16:29 EST 2004

In our application or RT, we would like users to see only the tickets they
own as assigned by the person in charge of that queue. The idea is that the
user selects the queue and see a list of tickets they own, but does not see
what tickets are assigned to other users. We are working with third party
contractors and do not want each contractor to see what the oterh
contractors are assigned or working on.

I can’t find a way to do this with the current permissions, ShowTicket
allows the user to see every ticket, and removing it prevents the user
seeing any tickets.  Even though the user owns the ticket, trying to access
it results in: "No permission to view ticket". I would have thought the
owner of a ticket should be able to view it.

 Any ideas?

We are using RT 3.0.9

Chris Mason
masonc at masonc.com
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel. (264) 497-5670 - Cell: (264) 235-5670 - Also (305)-735-3483
Fax: (264) 497-8463 - US Fax (815)301-9759
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com