[rt-users] DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.15 + RT 3.2.3rc1

Jason A. Diegmueller doogles at doogles.com
Thu Dec 9 23:57:50 EST 2004

RT Users--

Is anyone running the DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.15 + RT 3.2.3rc1 combo yet?

Some of you may remember my posts a few months back about a "trouble ticket"
(bad pun) in our RT, with a large number of small text entries that took 30s+
to load, every single time.

Last week I gave DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.15 a try (CPAN had it listed as
experimental at the time) and saw the 30s+ number, literally, get cut in half.
Runs of this same ticket were coming in at 14s-15s.

Tonight I noticed RT 3.2.3rc1 up on download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel,
and gave it a go.  I'm now see that same ticket, I kid you not, at 7.5s-7.9s
every single time.

Does anyone else have an hour or two sometime this weekend to try the same
experiment, and see what kind of results they get?

Jesse--

Are the above gains (both DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.15 and RT 3.2.3rc1) this
significant expected, or do you think there are some outside factors here?  To
my knowledge, no other factors have been changed.

-jd