[rt-users] Editing Custom Fields When Replying/Resolving

Michael J. Pedersen michaelp at diversifiedsys.com
Tue Dec 14 15:53:42 EST 2004

Hi. I found request tracker about 3 months ago, and I'm loving using it.
Many thanks to everybody who has written what is an incredibly useful tool!

One of the topics that I found most useful on the wiki was how to edit
the custom fields when replying/resolving/commenting. However, I took
the bug notice to heart at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?CustomFieldsOnUpdate which
stated that it should be applied as a callback, and not as a patch to
request tracker itself. I've made the callbacks, and am using them now
(and, it's worth noting, they would not have been possible without the
patch referenced above).

I've documented the steps here, for anybody else who wishes to use them.
They're especially useful for (for instance) setting resolution codes
when resolving a ticket.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?EditCustomFieldAtUpdate

Again, thank you.