[rt-users] Date/Time Display

Ian Daniel ian at remstar-computing.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:05:44 EST 2004

Oh,

	Ok, I'll try and work out how to do that instead .... I've pretty much
decided that the timezone info is being manipulated elsewhere anyway as
I can put absolutely anything in the code below instead of
$RT::Timezone and nothing changes. I also changed the Timezone in the
default config and still get the same date/time as I did before, I can
set it to EST, I get GB times, I can set it to anything, I still get GB
times.

sub LocalTimezone {
     my $self = shift;

     return $self->CurrentUser->Timezone
         if $self->CurrentUser and $self->CurrentUser->can('Timezone');

     return ($RT::Timezone);
}

I'll be interested to see what files change if and when it gets
implemented but I'm starting to think it wont be simple at all given
the fact that I don't see the current timezone variable or anything
else actually doing what it's supposed to do.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

--Ian