[rt-users] Using !Group in queue permissions

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 06:33:30 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:36:47 -0500, Graham Dunn <gdunn at inscriber.com> wrote:
> Our "General" queue needs "everyone" view permissions (as we let
> unpriveledged users track their tickets), but people in our external
> support group do not want to see those tickets on their "newest unowned
> tickets" list.
>
> Short of changing the SQL select statement for that box, is there a way
> to set this up using queue permissions?

Not a way of which I'm aware, but you could modify the unowned tickets
list easily.

Copy <RT_DIR>/share/html/Elements/MyRequests to
<RT_DIR>/local/html/Elements/SupportRequests and modify it however you
like.

Then copy <RT_DIR>/share/html/index.html to
<RT_DIR>/local/html/index.html and modify it.

Use my GroupMembershipCheck code here:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?GroupMembershipCheck

Then you can do something like this in the index.html.  This is what I
use for our network dept, for example.

% $GroupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup( 'Network' );
% my $HasMemberNetwork = $GroupObj->HasMemberRecursively( $PrincipalObj );
% unless ( $HasMemberNetwork ) {
<& /Elements/MyRequests &>
% } elsif ( $HasMemberNetwork ) {
<& /Elements/NetworkRequests &>