[rt-users] [Rt-announce] RT 3.4.0rc1

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Dec 20 14:16:41 EST 2004

I'm pleased to announce the first release candidate of RT 3.4.0. This
release contains all functionality we expect to be present in RT 3.4.0
and has been tested by a number of beta testers and is now ready for
wider exposure in advance of its official release (which could be as
early as next week if feedback is positive.)

Please download RT 3.4.0rc1 from:

	http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/

SHA1 sums:
	0d71fe1d1441cb319bc5989b525e454a8018876a rt-3.4.0rc1.tar.gz
	37500c9ca39d2c7493c592ae258d5751adc94c6d rt-3.4.0rc1.tar.gz.sig

We appreciate any and all feedback. Please report bugs to
rt-devel at lists.bestpractical.com if you're already subscribed there or
to rt-bugs at fsck.com if not.
RT 3.4 represents significant improvement and stabilization of RT
relative to 3.2.0 and boasts a host of new features.  The largest
user-visible change is a completely rewritten custom fields system.
Custom fields can now be created for users, groups and ticket
transactions.  Additionally, we've now got "full text", "file upload"
and "image upload" custom fields. On top of that, you can now apply
custom fields to a set of queues (rather than just one-or-all, like RT
3.2).   On the inside, we've done a significant amount of work cleaning
up and restructuring RT's codebase. We've added a whole slew of new
tests and overhauled the test infrastructure. We've added a new
"developer mode" to RT, which allows you to modify RT's libraries on the
fly and have the webserver pick them up instantly.

Oh. And we made it faster.

	Jesse