[rt-users] RT + Mod_Perl + VirtualHosts

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Dec 20 21:29:21 EST 2004

I'm pretty much done fighting with mod_fastcgi.  It was good while it
lasted, but I couldn't expend much more energy in to debugging the
issues I had, so I backed out to mod_perl.

I've managed to get one of the two virtual hosts up and running with no
problems.  The second virtual host, for some reason, always comes back
with a 404 error page.  I went so far as to make the configuration as
simple as possible.  I'm getting bleary eyed, so it is likely that I am
missing something obvious..

<VirtualHost rt.private.host:80>
   ServerAdmin Support at private.host
   ServerName rt.private.host
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html/rt.private.host/rt3/share/html
   ErrorLog /var/www/html/rt.private.host/logs/error_log
   CustomLog /var/www/html/rt.private.host/logs/access_log combined
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/html/adm.private.host/cgi-bin/
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
   PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /var/www/html/rt.private.host/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
   <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The server worked under mod_fastcgi at one point in time (for a very
long time, in fact), so the permissions are correct on the directory
structure (I checked and re-checked).  Is there any way I can find out
what in the world it is doing?  The logs are rather bland with only the
following (and nothing in the error_log):
my.internal.ip.addr - - [20/Dec/2004:21:26:05 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1"
404 278 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0"

Any tips would be wonderful at this point. :)

-Rich