[rt-users] way too much information!

Bo Gusman bo at bogusville.us
Wed Dec 22 18:08:58 EST 2004

Howdy.

I got RT installed with a bit of effort and managed to get logged on as
Administrator. My first task was to change the adminstrator password,
and the Configuration link seemed to be the logical pick. Instead of the
nice form that I was expecting, I got a screen full of

%# {{{ BEGIN BPS TAGGED BLOCK %# %# COPYRIGHT: %# %# This software is
Copyright (c) 1996-2004 Best Practical Solutions, LLC %# %# %# (Except
where explicitly superseded by other copyright notices) %# %# %#
LICENSE: %# %# This work is made available to you under the terms of
Version 2 of %# the GNU General Public License. A copy of that license
should have %# been provided with this software, but in any event can be
snarfed %# from www.gnu.org. %# %# This work is distributed in the hope
that it will be useful, but %# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the
implied warranty of %# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE. See the GNU %# General Public License for more details. %# %#
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License %#
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software %#
Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. %# %# %#
CONTRIBUTION SUBMISSION POLICY: %# %# (The following paragraph is not
intended to limit the rights granted %# to you to modify and distribute
this software under the terms of %# the GNU General Public License and
is only of importance to you if %# you choose to contribute your changes
and enhancements to the %# ...

and other such gak. All of the forms show much the same - clearly
something ain't right.

I went back over the installation instructions and I think all of the
steps were done correctly.

My box is a stock FC2 box with updates.

Clues?

    Bo