[rt-users] WORKAROUND: anyone else? rt3.2.2+apache2+fastcgi - problem with mailgate (double utf8-encoding)

Dirk Pape pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de
Wed Dec 29 06:19:33 EST 2004

Hello Jesse,

--Am Mittwoch, 22. Dezember 2004 12:59 Uhr -0500 schrieb Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com>:

> By default, RT assumes that _all_ incoming http messages are in UTF8 and
> acts accordingly. This can (and in the past did) scramble incoming email
> if it wasn't UTF8 to begin with.

ok, I changed the patch to set content-type charset to utf8 explicitely in
rt-mailgate and REST/1.0/autohandler.

Since this is expected to be done by apache's "AddDefaultCharset UFT-8"
anyway (which is disfunctional in my situation for any reason I still don't
know), it should be harmless:

<http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/patches/rt/mail-gateway_charset_utf8.patch>

Am I really the only one having this problem?

Dirk.