[rt-users] installing request-tracker3 debian package on 'testing'

Stephen Quinney stephen at jadevine.org.uk
Fri Dec 31 05:57:17 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 01:14:05PM -0500, Kevin Murphy wrote:

> The next problem is a Perl module version problem which occurs when I
> try to restart Apache for the first time; the debian sarge perl-modules
> package comes with Locale::Maketext 1.03 instead of the required 1.04.
>
> Would this be a dependency bug with request-tracker3 in debian testing?

I am puzzled by this as my up-to-date sarge box running
request-tracker3 has the Locale::Maketext module version 1.08 provided
by the perl-modules package.

Which versions of perl-modules and request-tracker3 do you have
installed? I have 5.8.4-3 here and version 1.08 of Locale::Maketext
has been in since 5.8.4-1, request-tracker3 has depended on version
1.06 or newer since 3.0.8-1 which went out last January. It sounds
like your system is quite a bit out-of-date, you probably need to do
an apt-get update and upgrade before you go any further.

Stephen