[rt-users] Post Installation problems -- 'Can't localte object method "new" via package "RT::Handle"... Why?

Max Riz max at ebrary.com
Tue Feb 3 17:12:59 EST 2004

Michael S. Liebman wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:19:00PM -0500, max riz wrote:
> [snip happens]
>
>>Runs fine and reports that everything is there.
>>-bash-2.05b$ ./rt-3.0.8/sbin/rt-test-dependencies --with-mysql
>>--with-apache2
>>Unknown option: with-apache2
>

> That's --with-modperl2. So you never checked for all the mod_perl2
> specific modules.
>
> Michael

Same happens with '--with-modperl2'

I've tried this about 6 different times, on that
particular machine, and consistently fails with
the error specified in the original message.

So: I can consitently and successfuly install
RT on every machine I've tried but that one.
Clearly the easy answer is: re-install the OS.

Which is what I will do. However, what bothers
me is that I can't debug the damn issue to any
reasonable conclusion.

--
-max;