[rt-users] httpd speed on rt3

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Feb 4 08:07:01 EST 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:58:25AM -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:

>>On Thursday 29 January 2004 03:13, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to see output from Profiler
>>>`dprofpp -S qwe.out`
>>>
>>>For big ticket and small one.
>>>And full from Mason Profiler.
>>
>>Here's a tarball with everything (only way to keep it under the list message
>>size maximum).
>

> So, this looks pretty much like the "tickets with large attachments take
> a long time to display" issue that we identified a while ago.  A
> potential customer had approached us about underwriting the changes that
> would need to happen to fix it, but then backed off.  Ruslan had a
> preliminary hack of a patch as well.   At this point, without a sponsor
> for the work, it's something we're looking to fix for 3.2.
>
> 	Jesse

	Hello, Douglas and Jesse and other.

Ok. This is really problem.
I've attached patches.
Instructions below.

Check it please and some feedback on it.
Profiles would be helpful.

			Best regards, Ruslan.

	Installation guide, read everything before applying.

tar -xzvf DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.96.tar.gz
cd DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.96
cat noprefetch.patch | patch -p1

# You'll see warns here, but it's ok,
# this patch was writen for 0.94 version.

perl Makefile.PL
make && make test && make install

# backup RT tree with something like `tar -czvf rt.tar.gz rt3`
cd /opt/rt3
cat noprefetch_rt.patch | patch -p1

apache full restart

# check
# this patches can't corrupt your data.
# functionality is triggered only pages where attachments info is used.

# you can revert them

1) reinstall plain DBIx-SearchBuilder
tar -xzvf DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.96.tar.gz
cd DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.96
perl Makefile.PL
make && make test && make install

2) clean RT code with -R option to patch.
cat noprefetch_rt.patch | patch -p1 -R