[rt-users] Post Installation problems -- 'Can't localte object method "new" via package "RT::Handle"... Why?

Espen Wiborg espenhw at empolis.no
Thu Feb 5 03:52:06 EST 2004

Max Riz <max at ebrary.com> writes:
> -bash-2.05b$ date; perl -we 'use lib "/opt/rt/rt-3.0.8/lib"; use RT;
> RT::LoadConfig(); require RT::Handle; RT::Handle->new(); ' ; date ;
> echo $?
> Wed Feb  4 16:13:24 PST 2004
> Wed Feb  4 16:13:27 PST 2004
> 0
> -bash-2.05b$
> So, it goes off and does 'something' for 3 seconds, and
> returns with no apparent error codes.

Good.  That is, in fact, what I expected it to do.  What this means is
that your RT installation can talk to its database.  Which is good.

My guess at the problem you're seeing with the web interface is that
Apache (and thus mod_perl) can't read your config file.  Check the
permissions on RT_Config.pm and RT_SiteConfig.pm.

To narrow this down further, try the following script (it should list
your users, one per line):

--8<--
#!/usr/bin/env perl
use lib '/opt/rt/rt-3.0.8/lib';

use RT;
use RT::Users;

RT::LoadConfig();
RT::Init();

my $users = new RT::Users($RT::SystemUser);
while (my $user = $users->Next) {
        print $user->Name . "\n";
}
--8<--

--
Espen Wiborg <espenhw at empolis.no>
Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.