[rt-users] Tracking vendor requests

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Thu Feb 5 15:09:50 EST 2004

In addition to tracking requests from our customers, we use RT to
track external vendor requests by doing the following:

1) Create a new ticket in RT setting the requestor to the vendor's e-mail
address.  Set Subject, Status=stalled and Owner.  Press the Create button.

2) Reply to the request filling in the actual message to the vendor.
Submit the reply.

When the vendor responds, the ticket is opened with their reply
automatically appended.

It would be really cool if we could do this all in one step, i.e. create
the request and send the response.  Any ideas on how to tackle it?

Regards,
Bill

Using RT 3.0.4 (soon to upgrade to 3.0.8 or 3.0.9) on FreeBSD 4.x/Apache
1.x/mod_perl