[rt-users] Custom Autoreply Failure.

Carl Swart carl at host4africa.com
Fri Feb 6 08:27:56 EST 2004

Hi All,

I developed the SelectedAutoreply feature below:

 Condition: User Defined
 Custom condition:  use RT::CurrentUser;
                    my $User = new RT::CurrentUser();
                    $User->Load($self->TicketObj->Creator);
                    if (($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create") and
(($self->TicketObj->Subject =~ /application for/i) or ($User->Name =~
/sales\@host4africa.com/i))) {
                        return(0);
                    } else {
                        return(1);
                    }

 Action: Autoreply To Requestors

 Custom action preparation code:

 Custom action cleanup code:

 Stage: TransactionCreate

 Template: Sales - AutoReply

When I send an email to this queue, it responds as one would expect.

Expected behavior:
------------------
    - Do not send a reply if the Ticket->Type is Create and Ticket->Subject:
contains 'application for'
    - Do not send a reply if the Ticket->Type is Create and Ticket the
ticket originates from the ticket address (sales at host4africa.com).

Unexpected behavior:
    - When I reply to a ticket and mark it to be a comment, it sends 3
AutoReplies to the requestor.

Could someone possibly explain to me why, this happens, so that I may
rectify the problem.

Thank you all kindly.

Regards,
-Carl