[rt-users] Requester Groups

Guillaume Perréal perreal at lyon.cemagref.fr
Fri Feb 6 20:03:52 EST 2004

Jason Grigsby a écrit :

> We're beginning our first RT configuration. Everything is going very
> well (and the documentation is great, btw).
>
> I have run into one question. Our customers have multiple people
> within their organization who contact us for requests. Sometimes it
> can become unmanageable because User A and User B from the same
> organization ask for something that they need done in the same time
> frame. Neither user knows about the other request.
>
> We want to set up RT such that each customer (e.g., ACME Company) has
> both a queue and a group associated with it. We would then add all of
> the users from that company to the group and the queue. The ideal
> situation is that all employees of ACME Company can see the ACME queue
> so they are aware of what their coworkers have requested.
>
> The problem I've run into is that I can't figure out how to let an
> employee of ACME Company have the ability to see tickets in the ACME
> queue that he or she didn't create. The only way I've been able to do
> it so far is to make the user privileged. However, it seems that RT
> assumes that a privileged user is a staff person so they see things
> like the amount of time that a request was worked on and other
> information that a customer (or non-privileged user) shouldn't see.
>
> Am I missing something in the configuration? Is it possible to set it
> up the way I describe so that employees of a customer company can see
> the requests from other employees of the same company?

Try this :
1) in the ACME *queue* configuration, add the group ACME company to the
CC watchers,
2) in the global configuration, add "ShowTicket" to right to CC role rights.

Be warned that  this way, all ACME group members will receive a copy of
all correspondance of all tickets of the queue.

Alternatively, you can simply add "ShowTicket"  to user defined group
"ACME company" rights in the ACME *queue* configuration. This should
avoid the mail "spamming".

--
Guillaume Perréal.

Responsable informatique,