[rt-users] Sub Queues

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Mon Feb 9 07:40:10 EST 2004

Kevin Moran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create a more hierarchical queing system for RT and was
> wondering how I can create sub queues.

I don't think that it's reasonable effort.
Hierarchial structures slow down system a lot. For eg current user's
rights subsytem or Ticket's EffectiveIds or Attachment's structure.

So here is collision between perfomance and flexibility.

We have allready this structure on CFs level.
For eg for queue bugs we have custom field 'module' with values:
'Documentation', 'xxx lib', 'web site'....

Each user uses own search bookmarks.

We are going to create own UI for different workers and thats all.