[rt-users] Directories left in /tmp

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 9 14:05:25 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 08:03:44PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Mick Szucs wrote:
>
> > I've seen this question raised a few times but haven't yet seen a response so
> > I thought I'd re-ask it.
> >
> > On my RT3 system I'm seeing hundreds of directories left in /tmp like:
> >
> > /tmp/scwMaa3T5Y
> > /tmp/OeNgSLNygq
>
> These files are  generated by MIME::Tools, I guess.  I already looked
> for the correct place to activate in-core processing, but failed so far.
> 8-(

Correct. They're tempfiles that aren't being properly purged. It's a bug
we haven't tracked yet.  As a warning, activating in-core parsing leads
to some Massive performance problems, as MIME::Tools just isn't designed
to handle it. We're looking at moving to Email::MIME in a future
release, which should avoid a lot of these issues.