[rt-users] Unable to email to the gateway.

Rabbie Zalaf ZalafR at Leadingedgegroup.com.au
Mon Feb 9 16:15:25 EST 2004

Hi All,

This is my first post so I appologies if I say anything stupid :).

I have installed RT2 many times before but now when installing RT3 on a
brand new Redhat 8.0 box, I cant seem to get the rt-mailgate script to work.

I have put a simlink into /etc/smrsh/ for rt-mailgate from
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate.

However, when I try to send an email to a local queue, I get the following
error:

Feb 10 07:35:19 grungy sendmail[14437]: i195kFCU013813:
to="|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue rabbie --actio
n correspond --url http://grungy.l3i.com.au/", ctladdr=zalafr at rt3.l3i.com.au
(8/0), delay=14:48:31, xdelay=0
0:00:01, mailer=prog, pri=1380346, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: prog mailer
(/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TE
MPFAIL

Here is my line from the aliases file.

zalafr: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Rabbie --action correspond --url
http://rt3.l3i.com.au/"

I have tried removing the path and only leaving rt-mailgate and have also
tried the rt-mailgate (using only sh) patch that I read about on the net
somewhere.

Nothing seems to work. I am using
- perl-5.8.0-55
- sendmail-8.12.8-9.80

I can use the localhost on that machine to relay and send emails to other
servers and can also access the RT web front end and have almost finished
configuring that.

Any help is greately appreciated.

Rabbie Zalaf
Network Consultant
Leading Edge Internet
http://www.leadingedgeinternet.net.au
This document together with any attachments is confidential and is intended
for the named recipient only. It can not be copied, disclosed, passed on or
duplicated in any way shape or form, without the prior permission of the
author. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the author
immediately and destroy the message. All parties acknowledge that any breach
of confidence or disclosures made by any party, (including their employees,
agents and contracted service providers such as solicitors, accountants,
auditors and others), which may result in a commercial loss to Leading Edge
Group, may result in Leading Edge Group exercising such rights as are
available to them in connection with that loss.