[rt-users] Rights inheretance

Kirby kirby at korrnet.org
Tue Feb 10 10:26:36 EST 2004

I have become woefully confused about group rights. Here is my setup.

There are no global rights except for:

	The administrator has superuser.

For the queue General:

Everyone has CommentOnTicket, CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket. (this works fine)

There are two groups defined. CP and RT_User. The group CP is a member
of RT_User.

RT_User has rights including SeeQueue, ShowTicket, ShowTicketComments...
CP contains additional rights such as Delete Ticket and AdminQueue.

When a user who is a member of CP logs in, they don't see any queues. If
they search for tickets, the numbers of tickets are displayed, but the
tickets themselves are not. If I move the user to RT_User things work
good. Should CP inheret rights from RT_User or do I have to maintain
them as two separate groups?

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world -
gpg: 1024D/631B7450 368B 8805 E6B0 0C5A F91C  3598 E97B 7E36 631B 7450