[rt-users] Postfix + RT3 Guide

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Feb 10 12:02:55 EST 2004

Bruce Segal scripted ::

>I have more or less the same setup, postfix running on the same box as rt, with
>exchange 2k as our internal mail server. I really didn't have any problems
>setting it up, but it may be that I randomly picked the right options.
>
>on the rt/postfix box (webring.decarie.com) Below is for one queue.
>
>/etc/aliases
>rt: |"/usr/local/www/data/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue Computer --action
>correspond --url http://Rtmail:xxxxxx@rt.decarie.com/" (using ldap
>authentication to our AD)

I'll be doing AD auth once I can get RT to work as a whole packaged. One step at
a time, anyway am glad to hear another report that it works.

>there is an entry in the transport map to send all decarie.com mail from the
>rt/postfix box over to the exchange server. Mail is addressed as
>user at decarie.com ... not user at server.decarie.com
>
>/usr/local/etc/postfix/maps/transport
>decarie.com     relay:[10.1.1.30]

Hm, that might help some. I'll check into that a bit further. I don't have that
file in that location.

>over in happy exchange/AD land i've got some distribution groups to map
>rt at decarie.com to rt at webring.decarie.com. This allows us to send mail to
>rt at decarie.com instead of rt at webring.decarie.com.  (This whole setup seems a
>bit iffy to me, but it worked immediately and I don't really have time to
>change it). I seem to remember having an easier time of it before we upgraded
>(questionable term) to Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5
>
>Not sure if any of this makes sense, but it works here.

That's a good idea. I'll do that. I hadn't gotten far enough to think about that
yet. You've helped me confirm some of my settings and given me a few directions
to look. While playing the the main.cf I'm also noticing some stuff about
relaying that might help also.

Thanks,
JSR/