[rt-users] upgrade steps from 2.0.7 to 3.0.8?

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Feb 11 10:56:24 EST 2004

John McCormick wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Have some questions on a RT upgrade I am working on.  Currently we are
> using 2.0.7 and intend to upgrade to RT3.0.8 or the latest current
> release by the time this happens.
>
> So - how is the upgrade approached in this case? Is it done through
> incremental upgrades to 2.0.15 then doing the DB export to 3, then
> incrementals to 3.0.8?
I've used 2.0.15 when did it so I don't know about older vers, but you
can use latest 3.x to import data here I shure enought.
Try to export data with 2.0.7 if everything is fine then import it and
check all as much as possible. For example my binary attachments were
corrupted while upgrade.

> Someone has told me this and it makes sense, but
> I haven't been able to verify it through the archives.  If that's the
> case, I'm in for lots of work.  Does this also mean that the database
> must be imported for each incremental release?

No you don't need import/export on every incremental update.

> I am somewhat unsure of
> those details.  Perhaps there is a FAQ I missed with the docs.
No FAQ on this except one answer: use latest stable versions of import
tools, RT.

If you have problems then try to find solution in archives, then ask
here with as much info as possible.