[rt-users] remedy to rt3: possible?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 11 13:07:09 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:56:18AM -0500, John Jasen wrote:

> Is there any way to migrate from Remedy helpdesk to RT?

Well, in theory it is possible. There are no canned tools available
right now, and it would be a little diffcult to write one, since
everyone's ARS schemas are different. Basically, you need to mimic the
behavior of the rt2 to rt3 conversion process and I would certainly
use that tool as a starting point. The trickest part will probably
parsing your diary fields into individual transactions. You will also
need to translate all of your non-core fields in your schema onto
custom fields.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"