[rt-users] Locale::Maketext::Guts error on Fedora

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 11 15:16:53 EST 2004

Intermittently, I am getting an "Insecure dependency in eval while
running setgid" error from Locale::Maketext::Guts. I haven't been able
to pin down what actually triggers the error since it happens so
intermittently. Sometimes I can go for days without encountering it
and sometimes it occurs a few times in a day. My best guess is that it
occurs after updating a ticket. No significant errors turn up in the
debug log prior to getting the error from the web interface.

Restarting the web server clears the problem but it does eventually
return. I've played around with some FastCGI settings to try to get
the processes to kill themselves off but that has been unsuccessful
and would only be a bandage.

I'm running Fedora Core 1, RT version 3.0.9pre2, Apache 2.0.48,
FastCGI 2.4.2, Perl 5.8.1, IO::Stringy
2.109-BestPractical-Hack-20040107, Locale::Maketext 1.08.

I'm only including the formatted error, but if the raw error would be
useful, I can post that too. Any suggestions on how to procede would
be appreciated.

Michael

error: Insecure dependency in eval while running setgid at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/Locale/Maketext/Guts.pm line 247.

context:
243:  	unshift @code, "use strict; sub {\n";
244:  	push @code, "}\n";
245:
246:  	print @code if DEBUG;
247:  	my $sub = eval(join '', @code);
248:  	die "$@ while evalling" . join('', @code) if $@; # Should be impossible.
249:  	return $sub;
250:  	}
251:
code stack:  	/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/Locale/Maketext/Guts.pm:247
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1/Locale/Maketext.pm:196
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/CurrentUser.pm:360
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:215
/opt/rt3/local/html/Elements/MyTickets:24
/opt/rt3/share/html/index.html:31
/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:189

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"