[rt-users] Locale::Maketext::Guts error on Fedora

Roy-Magne Mo rmo at sunnmore.net
Wed Feb 11 17:03:04 EST 2004

Michael S. Liebman wrote:
> Intermittently, I am getting an "Insecure dependency in eval while
> running setgid" error from Locale::Maketext::Guts. I haven't been able
> to pin down what actually triggers the error since it happens so
> intermittently. Sometimes I can go for days without encountering it
> and sometimes it occurs a few times in a day. My best guess is that it
> occurs after updating a ticket. No significant errors turn up in the
> debug log prior to getting the error from the web interface.

I've seen the same problem here on a configuration looking a lot like
yours. I converted my setup to using suexec and setting the mason
process to run as the rt-user and no setgid or setuid on the files
themselves.

A little hassle to get the suexec/mason setup to work, but haven't seen
the problem since.

--
Roy-Magne Mo