[rt-users] Questions

Patrick Hurley phurley at tacc.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 12 09:43:58 EST 2004

Well, I'm by no means an incredibly experienced RT user, but perhaps I
can help with a couple of these...

> 1. If someone either adds comments or closes a ticket who's owner is
> Nobody, can RT make them the owner, even if they don't specifically
> change ownership?

I'm assuming you could create a scrip with a custom action that changes
the owner on such conditions.  I have yet to create custom scrips,
however, so I'm not certain what one's options are.

In fact, here's a decent-sized thread on the topic:

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-June/014461.html

> 3. Is it possible to prevent a ticket being closed unless someone
enters
> time in the Time worked field?

I know I just saw this on the mailing list somewhere in the past few
days when doing through the archives.  But I can't seem to come up with
a search that brings it up again.  Essentially, a few lines of perl code
were added to check the field, giving an error if the field wasn't
filled in.

Well, perhaps the above isn't much help...

Patrick