[rt-users] Sub Queues... -> RT deployment examples?

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at terpsichore.ws
Fri Feb 13 12:37:06 EST 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 17:20, Michael S. Liebman wrote:
[snip]
> Ok. I misunderstood what kind of CF you were going to create. A CF
> that defines the type of work package (e.g., docs, testing,
> refactoring) would probably be just a searching convienience. One that
> defines the parent would be necessary for searching currently if you
> go to multiple depths.
[snip]
> I think we are talking about two different things. I would set up
> queues differently for project management and issue tracking. My issue
> tracking queues have CFs defined for application and module. My
> project tracking queues rely on links.

I see - so how do you manage multiple levels in your issue tracking?
Or do you simply find it's not necessary?
To answer Jesse Vincent, I'd need to know if I want sub-queues, which I'm not
certain I do!  Simple logic says they'd be good, but perhaps this is flawed -
I'd like to know how people manage without them!
My trouble is I've never used a system like this... perhaps what I really need
is a project management course ;)

In the meantime, however... would anyone out there mind giving some examples
of their own RT setup?

I'm sure they'd be many and varied - RT is marvelously tweakable! - however, I
think this would really help me get to grips with the possibilities (and many
others, looking at some of the questions on this list)
Maybe worth then taking the most graphical examples of these and bundling them
with RT?

Oh, one more thing - how hard would it be to add the code for 'search by
parent'?

Cheers,
Cerion