[rt-users] Re: Initiating a ticket

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Fri Feb 13 14:56:37 EST 2004

> That did the trick!  Basically:
>
> - Create a ticket with no requestor (this keeps it from autoreplying); add a
> description of what the issue is.
> - Change the ticket's requestor to the customer's e-mail address.
> - Enter a "reply" that contains the original message to be sent out.

That is what we have been doing for the last year.  But no more.  I just
got around to installing the AnyTransactionSource ScripCondition and now I
can do exactly what you wanted:

- Create a ticket with the requestor set to the customer's e-mail address;
specify the subject and enter your message.

The Scrip will send the correspondence to the requestor upon ticket
creation.  This eliminates the other steps you and others have specified.

I have documented the process in the RTWiki at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?AnyTransactionSource

Enjoy!

- Bill Gerrard

--