[rt-users] Perl 5.8.3 upgrade

Scott Hebert scott at cae.com
Sat Feb 14 20:02:34 EST 2004

Hi,

I was having attachment corruption problems with RT 3.0.8.

I've successfully upgraded perl to 5.8.3 on one installation of RH8 and RT
3.0.8 (my production box) and one installation of RH9 and RT 3.0.9.

I used all the defaults from the perl Configure script.

One problem I did have was the installation Log::Dispatch from CPAN on my
RH9 installation. I fudged it by hardcoding a few variables in
site_perl/5.8.3/Module/Build/Compat.pm. They were "$perl", "$os_type" and
the arguments for the "foreach my $action" loop .

I can give anyone more info if they need it.

SH