[rt-users] [wiki] Updates and problems.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Feb 15 10:57:20 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 01:41, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> > I'd like to let everyone know that I've created a page called ScripRequests
> > (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?ScripRequests) where you
> > can propose a custom scrip that you'd like and see if anyone will give help.
> >
> > -Tim
> >
> I don't like this idea. I think wiki is better for archiving complex
> answers, when answers already have been discussed a lot on ML.

Wiki's are exactly as good as the users want to make them.  If you
see something you don't like, you can change it.

> When people ask for help with scrips, it's very rare that sameone write
> full scrip, suggestions and not more. If someone want full solution on
> request then take some money and go to Jesse.

It it very much in the spirit of free software to share a solution
after you have finished it for yourself and a wiki makes for a
lot easier browsing/feedback that wading through READMEs in
ftp subdirectories.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com