[rt-users] Template woes...

Lederer, Damien Damien.Lederer at itsa.gov.au
Sun Feb 15 16:49:36 EST 2004

Folks,

I've been trying to set up a Template to create an approval.  However once I
start to get a little bit fancy it seems to stop working.  When I create a
Template such as this:

===Create-Ticket: ftlapproval
{
  my $admin;
  $admin = "me at here";
}
Queue: OTISS-approvals
Type: Approval
Depended-On-By: TOP
AdminCc: { $admin }
Subject: Approval for ticket: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Id} -
{$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
Content: Your approval is requested for the
ticket {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Id}: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
ENDOFCONTENT

It seems that "$admin" is never replaced, ie AdminCc is blank in the
resulting approval ticket.  So I tried using the template in the example in
the manual (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/docs/3.0/appendix5-approvals.txt
<http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/docs/3.0/appendix5-approvals.txt> ) and I
can't get it to work either.  Ie, the "@admin" array defined in the upper
block does not work further down with "AdminCc: {join ("\nAdminCc:
", at admins) }".

Of course, if I hard code the value in then it works  (ie, use "AdminCc:
me at here" in the body of the Template).

Does anybody know why the variables defined in the upper block do not seem
to be valid further down the Template?

Ta muchly!

Damien Lederer