[rt-users] Exporting / Importing databases Or, Moving from 3.0.2 on sparc, to 3.0.8 on intel.

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Sun Feb 15 17:16:25 EST 2004

Max Riz wrote:
>  Now the trick is to migrate the data from the old instance (3.0.2 on
> solaris/sparc) to the new instance (3.0.8 on Linux/x86). Are there any
> currently existing tools to perform the database migration? Should we
> just do a MySQL (our db) database dump, and then try to import it on
> the new machine? Has someone done a similar migration before with some
> measure of success?

You should be able to just move the database (making sure you're
importing into InnoDB tables), and check for any schema changes
in etc/schema.mysql. I don't *think* there's anything else to do.
But I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :-)

>  I have read the PDF document, and googled the mailing list but I have
> not found a solution. There exist procedures, scripts and stories of
> 2 -> 3 migrations, but not much on 3.X -> 3.Y.

"make upgrade" is the usual 3.0.x++ approach.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.