[rt-users] Re: Initiating a ticket

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Mon Feb 16 02:56:22 EST 2004

> > There are "insert.pl" perl scripts to do this in RT2 but in looking at one
> > I don't think it will work with RT3 as is and I haven't come across a
> > script coded for RT3.  If anyone has one or has the knowledge to code one
> > up it would be appreciated by all I'm sure.
>
> With RT3 each scrip really should have a datafile for feeding
> to rt-setup-database, which does the work. See, for example:

Thanks Phil.  I see that the process is a bit easier in RT3 than it was in
RT2.  I just wish this stuff was documented better.

> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-June/014651.html

FYI, it appears the syntax of the "rt-setup-database" has changed since that
example was written.  I figured out the correct syntax and have updated the
wiki document at http://wiki.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?AnyTransactionSource