[rt-users] off topic: exim4 on debian disables pipe_trnasport

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Feb 16 11:13:44 EST 2004

Dear list,
the newest package for exim4 on debian has pipes disabled by default in
the /etc/aliases b default, which means Your favorite request tracker
won't get any mails anymore. There is a hint in
/usr/share/doc/exim4-config/README.Debian.gz that You need to reenable
the pipe_transport again in
/etc/exim4/conf.d/router/400_exim4-config_system_aliases.

But, just removing the comment from the line containing

pipe_transport = address_pipe

does not suffice, no even after reloading the configuration or stopping
and starting exim4 completely.

If someone could shed some light on the situation, I'd be very happy.
Up till now, I was very happy with exim4, but this leaves me out in the
cold.

BTW: The error is logged as:

2004-02-16 17:04:10 1AskvM-0001QW-4f == |/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
edvintern --action correspond --url http://rt.yyy.zzz.com/
<edvintern at yyy.zzz.com> R=system_aliases defer (-30): pipe_transport
unset in system_aliases router