[rt-users] Template help REALLY required

Lederer, Damien Damien.Lederer at itsa.gov.au
Mon Feb 16 17:12:15 EST 2004

Folks,

I've been pushing RT here to the department I'm working in, saying that it
can implement just about any workflow required.  But I can't seem to get the
templates working properly and now I'm faced with having egg on my face
because RT just doesn't seem to work.

My scenario is this:  A user creates a ticket in a queue.  An approval is
created that is sent to the originator's supervisor.  The relationship
between requester and their supervisor is held in an external system.  I can
get the block of code in the template to lookup the supervisor, but I cannot
get it to assign the supervisor as the AdminCc in the approval template. Eg:

	===Create-Ticket: approval
	{
	   ... Lookup code...
	   my @admins;
	   push (@admins, "supervisor's email address");
	}
	AdminCc: {join ("\nAdminCc: ", at admins) }

The example template does something extremely similar to this
(http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/docs/3.0/appendix5-approvals.txt).  The
example populates an array called "@admins" which is used later to assign to
the "AdminCc:" section of the template.  However this does not work for
me...  the value of "@admins" is NOT passed through... it just turns out
blank.

I asked this question before, but no answers were forthcoming.  Does anybody
know how to resolve this?  Has anybody used variables/arrays in their
templates in this manner?  Can anybody confirm/deny whether this works?  Am
I asking the wrong mailing list?  Should I ask rt-devel?

Damien Lederer

Solaris Administrator
ITSA Information Technology