[rt-users] off topic: exim4 on debian disables pipe_trnasport

Marc Haber mh+rt-users at zugschlus.de
Tue Feb 17 07:38:36 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 05:13:44PM +0100, Harald Wagener wrote:
> the newest package for exim4 on debian has pipes disabled by default in
> the /etc/aliases b default, which means Your favorite request tracker
> won't get any mails anymore. There is a hint in
> /usr/share/doc/exim4-config/README.Debian.gz that You need to reenable
> the pipe_transport again in
> /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/400_exim4-config_system_aliases.

You might want to use the solution from Debian Bug #229052. It saves
you the risk of allowing pipes from the system aliases file, and
automatically picks up new queues from the rt3 configuration - no MTA
configuration needed.

Please consider using a dedicated router/transport.

> But, just removing the comment from the line containing
>
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
>
> does not suffice, no even after reloading the configuration or stopping
> and starting exim4 completely.

What do your logs say after that change?

Greetings
Marc