[rt-users] Dropping the RT database

lists-rt at pimb.org lists-rt at pimb.org
Tue Feb 17 12:14:25 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:59:40AM -0500, Andy Harrison wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:50:52 -0500, Russ Roff wrote
> > Is there an easy way to drop the DB and start from scratch?  I know there was an option to use with make, but I I've wiped the source tree I originally built from (doh!).
>
> Redownload the source and do it again.

Or just use $RTROOT/sbin/rt-setup-database, which is what the make option calls to do the work anyway.

rt-setup-database --action drop --dba <username> --prompt-for-dba-password

followed by

rt-setup-database --action init --dba <username> --prompt-for-dba-password

ought to do the trick i think (though this is from memory, you understand)

hth

--
Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org