[rt-users] Commandline interface

Patrick Hurley phurley at tacc.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 17 14:34:52 EST 2004

> I'm curious - why this approach rather than a NoAuth web page
> within RT?

I have the same question, although it looks like what you've done is
nice.

I'm personally in the middle of attempting to modify SelfService so it
would actually use custom fields -- we definitely need specific
information from users, and I don't think making everyone privileged is
a decent solution.  I find it interesting that the perl code for ticket
creation in SelfService is rather different than the code used for
ticket creation in the privileged interface (under /share/html/Ticket).

Of course, being new to perl doesn't make it any easier.

ph.